Solution for GGSPAWN.dll Error Windows 8 and Windows 7

1. Uninstall garena from control panel if you have not already.

2. Download Autoruns at the link below.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx
    Extract it then right click autoruns and run it as administrator. NOT autorunsc.
    YOU MUST RUN IT AS ADMINISTRATOR or else you will not see the important entries and you will not be able to delete the entries.

3. In autoruns go to the DRIVER tab and look for this entry that should be highlighted in yellow and delete it.
    "GGSAFERDriver GGSAFER Driver File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garena Plus\Room\safedrv.sys"
    If you do not have this entry it's ok the next one is the one that causes the error.

4. Next go to the EVERYTHING tab and look for this entry that should be highlighted in red and delete it.
    "\gg_uac_daemon c:\program files (x86)\garena plus\ggspawn.dll"

5. Now exit autoruns and reboot your computer first and then delete the garena directory in program files after you have rebooted. It should delete now. Reboot again to test and you should no longer have any errors on windows start.

If you see any other garena related entries in autoruns you can delete them too but be careful not to delete anything else.
    Maybe this will help the garena devs to see how they can change the code to work right on windows 8 and windows 7. You see you have to run autoruns as administrator because the garena entries are installed as admin but the ggspawn entry is not getting uninstalled as admin. In otherwords the garena uninstaller itself does not have the appropriate coding to gain access to these files to remove it's own entries properly. In other words it's a bug.

Would be nice for a Moderator to let us know when this is fixed.
    Last edited by papayrus; 01-24-2013 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Error occurs on Windows 7 as well.

Wink THANK YOU IT WORKED!!

IT ACTUALLY WORKED!!! OMG THANK YOUUU! I'M SO RELIEVED NOWW !!!! EXCELLENT WAY !!! x WELL DONE FINDING A WAY.

thanks! it works! cheers

Quote Originally Posted by papayrus View Post
    1. Uninstall garena from control panel if you have not already.

2. Download Autoruns at the link below.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx
    Extract it then right click autoruns and run it as administrator. NOT autorunsc.
    YOU MUST RUN IT AS ADMINISTRATOR or else you will not see the important entries and you will not be able to delete the entries.

3. In autoruns go to the DRIVER tab and look for this entry that should be highlighted in yellow and delete it.
    "GGSAFERDriver GGSAFER Driver File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\Garena Plus\Room\safedrv.sys"
    If you do not have this entry it's ok the next one is the one that causes the error.

4. Next go to the EVERYTHING tab and look for this entry that should be highlighted in red and delete it.
    "\gg_uac_daemon c:\program files (x86)\garena plus\ggspawn.dll"

5. Now exit autoruns and reboot your computer first and then delete the garena directory in program files after you have rebooted. It should delete now. Reboot again to test and you should no longer have any errors on windows start.

If you see any other garena related entries in autoruns you can delete them too but be careful not to delete anything else.
    Maybe this will help the garena devs to make the uninstaller work right on windows 8. You see you have to run autoruns as administrator because the garena entries are installed as admin but the ggspawn entry is not getting uninstalled as admin. In otherwords the garena unistaller itself does not have the appropriate coding to gain access to these files to remove there entries. It's a windows 8 thing so I don't blame garena devs but 8 has been out for awhile now.
    It works for Window 7 too.Thanks a lot.Until they fix this bug,I'm not going to use Garena ever.Cheer

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeminiGamer View Post
    It works for Window 7 too.Thanks a lot.Until they fix this bug,I'm not going to use Garena ever.Cheer
    Yes, garena + is behaving like than a Virus starting at boot in default installation. It should be optional and the uninstaller is not good enough.

Cool

This is awesome!!!! solved my problem on Win 7, Thanks very much!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Surrender View Post
    Yes, garena + is behaving like than a Virus starting at boot in default installation. It should be optional and the uninstaller is not good enough.
    I noticed it had the option checked to auto start with windows but it wasnt auto starting I unchecked it anyway then noticed it auto started with windows had to recheck and uncheck it till it finally stopped auto starting. I also noticed it saved my password even if I unchecked the option to save user pass etc. It fixed after checking and unchecking again as well. I will remove it from my shop if they try to forxe autostart with windows and crap like that. I have no use for a program that wants to be the one in control on MY system while I am not using it.
    I have not had any problems with this recently it may have been a bug they fixed already but was scary when it was doing that.

To make it simple, just download the missing file and place it in "C:\Program files\Garena Plus" folder.
    Click here to download ggspawn.dll

Here's a VirusTotal scan to make sure the file is clean:
    https://www.virustotal.com/file/6cd9...is/1358886056/
    Last edited by manistra; 01-23-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    Feel free to contact me if you need anything.

//||I might edit my posts frequently and rapidly after posting.||\\

Quote Originally Posted by manistra View Post
    To make it simple, just download the missing file and place it in "C:\Program files\Garena Plus" folder.
    Click here to download ggspawn.dll

Here's a VirusTotal scan to make sure the file is clean:
    https://www.virustotal.com/file/6cd9...is/1358886056/
    We are getting rid of the file not trying to replace it. The ggspawn.dll is not uninstalling when we uninstall garena and it is not able to be deleted after uninstall either. Also if you uninstall it in safe mode and delete the file it causes an error at boot. The fix posted at the top will get rid of it after uninstalling garena and clear the right registry entries that cause the error.
    Last edited by papayrus; 01-24-2013 at 05:18 AM.

We are getting rid of the file not trying to replace it. The ggspawn.dll is not uninstalling when we uninstall garena and it is not able to be deleted after uninstall either. Also if you uninstall it in safe mode and delete the file it causes an error at boot. The fix posted at the top will get rid of it after uninstalling garena and clear the right registry entries that cause the error.
    My apologies, I thought you had an error with Garena, guess I just didn't read the first post well enough.
    Feel free to contact me if you need anything.

//||I might edit my posts frequently and rapidly after posting.||\\

How to delete directory??

where is directory in the folder?

Wink there's a simple way !

You click START - type TASK SCHEDULER - Enter.
    In left's column, you click TASK SCHEDULER LIBRARY; chose " gg_uac_daemon" and just DEL it in the ACTIONS column.
    Close it and restart. YOU NEVER SEE THAT EROR AGAIN !

You are absolutely right man. My antivirus found it as a threat. Thanks a lot !

Follow this procedure, but do not think this file "gg_uac_daemon" to delete

I also downloaded the file "ggspawn.dll" is already in the folder, now I log in garena but the button does not appear lan

help my please. I am moderator brazil.

thank you it works

Quote Originally Posted by masumi88 View Post
    You click START - type TASK SCHEDULER - Enter.
    In left's column, you click TASK SCHEDULER LIBRARY; chose " gg_uac_daemon" and just DEL it in the ACTIONS column.
    Close it and restart. YOU NEVER SEE THAT EROR AGAIN !
    Looks like it may be a good alternative way. I have not tested it but it seems like it would do the trick cool. I think they resolved the issue though already but if not for some people this may be another way.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDSL4Y3R1 View Post
    Follow this procedure, but do not think this file "gg_uac_daemon" to delete

I also downloaded the file "ggspawn.dll" is already in the folder, now I log in garena but the button does not appear lan

help my please. I am moderator brazil.
    I have no idea what you said and how a missing button problem has anything to do with this thread. You can maybe follow the procedure above to remove garena and delete the install folder of garena and then try to reinstall garena other than that I don't know why your button is missing.

I have no idea what you said and how a missing button problem has anything to do with this thread. You can maybe follow the procedure above to remove garena and delete the install folder of garena and then try to reinstall garena other than that I don't know why your button is missing.

thanks for replying.

follows the image so you can see.

http://s24.postimg.org/hkh2jcks5/LAN.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LORDSL4Y3R1 View Post
    thanks for replying.

follows the image so you can see.

http://s24.postimg.org/hkh2jcks5/LAN.jpg
    Images not loading could be from a few things. Try this and see if it works.
    1. Uninstall garena.
    2.DELETE this directory
    "C:\ProgramData\GarenaMessenger"
    3.DELETE this directory as well.
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Garena Plus"
    4. Download the latest garena and reinstall it.

What happens if you click on the blank areas where the buttons are supposed to be does it launch LAN or anything else even though you cannot see the buttons?

Looks like your using Vista it is a buggy OS maybe try installing it and running it as admin or in compatibility mode or upgrade to something that works like windows 7. If you are going to use Vista even with the latest updates expect funky stuff to happen Vista is not good. Garena itself is not really a well polished program there's never a stable release it's always in beta. Most programs polish a release make it as perfect as possible and release a stable version while working on the newer version separate as a beta. Pretty sloppy if you ask me why add new things to a program that has never had a stable release?

By the way if you cannot see the programdata folder then you need to show hidden files and folders.

If that don't work not sure maybe I will try and see later where the button images are loaded from but they may be part of the programs res files hardcoded in not external so that's why reinstalling it should help. They may be loaded from the web and some program or proxy or your ISP your using is blocking it from loading in from the web.
    Last edited by papayrus; 06-27-2013 at 03:50 AM.