Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question ORPG - The Garena Problem

When you save a character in a Warcraft III ORPG, the code is bound to your username.
    If the ORPG uses a sofisticated save system, something all the good ORPG's do.
    By reading the sentance above you can almost guess what I am trying to say.

For a regular player like myself the way that the ORPG save system works, along with Garena being Garena is somewhat irritating.

For instance, the reason "The Kingdom of Kaliron" room is empty is because everyone playing it would have to start over again from scratch.
    Simply because nobody/very few can (without name spoofing) get the same battle.net usernames on Garena.

I would love to play ORPG's on Garena, but I don't want to start over from scratch in every ORPG I have save codes in.

But for that to work I would have to have the same Garena username as my Battle.net username.
    Feel free to change my username to Zpider, if that can be done without pissing someone off (perhaps it is an inactive account?).

However, that doesn't mean the problem dissapears. This is a problem you guys should think about solving somehow.

/// Zpider @ Hiveworkshop, Warcraft Unlimited, Starcraft II, US East, US West and Northend since 2002 and forward.

Do you guys think they should solve this somehow?

Hello,
    I actually do not understood you want to express and what is ORPG?

Quote Originally Posted by AdorableSmile View Post
    Hello,
    I actually do not understood you want to express and what is ORPG?
    Hello there AdorableSmile, I think my post is pretty good at describing the problem. What is it you have trouble to "understood" ?
    Also AdorableSmile, here is a link incase you don't know what a ORPG is http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ORPG

Hello, Please purchase a name changer at garena shop http://shop.garena.com

Regards,
    Ttimt
    GaReNa
    ConnecTing WOrLd GaMerS

Solution Server Offline:
    Right click the room you want to join, add it to Fav.Rm
    Then join the 'server is offline' room from your Fav.rm button beside the menu button

You fail to grasp the problem ttimt, a simple name change wouldn't solve the problem for anyone but me.
    This is a problem throughout Garena for everyone that plays maps with a save/load system. Don't you see that?

Either way I do not think it would work for me, since when I signed up the name was already taken.
    I cannot in a sense, take someone elses username just like that as far as I know.
    On a less important note, I find it impressive that you have to pay to get a name change.
    Last edited by Erik_Gustafsson; 12-17-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik_Gustafsson View Post
    Hello there AdorableSmile, I think my post is pretty good at describing the problem. What is it you have trouble to "understood" ?
    Also AdorableSmile, here is a link incase you don't know what a ORPG is http://lmgtfy.com/?q=ORPG
    oh thank, i begin to to understand

When you save a character in a Warcraft III ORPG, the code is bound to your username.
    If the ORPG uses a sofisticated save system, something all the good ORPG's do.
    By reading the sentance above you can almost guess what I am trying to say.

For a regular player like myself the way that the ORPG save system works, along with Garena being Garena is somewhat irritating.

For instance, the reason "The Kingdom of Kaliron" room is empty is because everyone playing it would have to start over again from scratch.
    Simply because nobody/very few can (without name spoofing) get the same battle.net usernames on Garena.

I would love to play ORPG's on Garena, but I don't want to start over from scratch in every ORPG I have save codes in.

But for that to work I would have to have the same Garena username as my Battle.net username.
    Feel free to change my username to Zpider, if that can be done without pissing someone off (perhaps it is an inactive account?).

However, that doesn't mean the problem dissapears. This is a problem you guys should think about solving somehow.

/// Zpider @ Hiveworkshop, Warcraft Unlimited, Starcraft II, US East, US West and Northend since 2002 and forward.

Do you guys think they should solve this somehow?
    I don't think i understand your problem.

when i join a room and press the start game button i can change my name freely at the top of the LAN-Screen in Warcraft3.

Here i can turn my name into whatever i want, altough your Garena name is default you can change this, so if you are not in the same game as this other Zpider-guy you can surely use your B.net name on garena, just change it from default to your liking. i tried this with some of my orpg savecodes and they all worked, although my battlenet-name isdifferent from my garena-name, although i did not try this with tkok since i do not have a code for this game

just try this and see where it takes you

Hey guys...please dont flood the thread ..and reply with the suitable answer the people who met the problem as well...Thank
    Nice to meet you and welcome to the Garena Forum !

Active in : Suggestion and Feedback , Technique Support section

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDNoodle View Post
    When i join a room and press the start game button i can change my name freely at the top of the LAN-Screen in Warcraft3.
    I tried this before writing this thread, unsuccessful to say the least.
    The moment I type -load [my code] everyone other than me got a kicked/disconnected from the game.
    I suspect that this might work with some save/load maps. But definatly not all of them and definatly not the ones you want to play (the good ones).

Any news about this?

Bump, in hope of a reply from someone that has some suggestions about solving the issue.

Bump, lovely to see how active the mod's are on this forum.

Bump, I still think this is a problem the mod's should adress.
    By not doing anything the mod's sent us a very clear message. The only way of using your save codes on Garena is by using name spoofing.

Does this mean the mod's approve name spoofing? It sure seems like it.

cannot join people games

when i want join people games, it say u cant join the spesific game....

Bump, lovely to see how active the mod's are on this forum.
    Hi Zpider, i saw you in Hive chat some time back...

What mods? The Garena forums do not understand the concept of Mods, just look at the Malaysia Room Moderation section.

To put it bluntly, anyone playing in Garena Malaysia is free to use hacks/namespoofing or anything illegal as the mods are sitting around sticking their thumbs up their arse while players get fuu-ed. This is the sad truth of Garena.

Garena - Disconnecting World Gamers
    Garena - Suffer Hack-full and Lag-full Gaming Experience!

If you think this is an exaggeration, ask any long-time player of custom maps in Garena.
    http://fairplay.garena.com/forumdisplay.php?26-Malaysia Full of ban requests that never get looked at, let alone carried out. And the admin are cool as jack about not doing their jobs. Not to mention all of the "reports" are unintelligible mixtures of malay and chinese slang. Emails to Garena Support get ignored. If i weren't living out this nightmare, I would laugh it off as a joke when someone told me.

There is an entire host of other issues out there that i didn't post about just because this is the only few that is related to the topic - if i wanted to, i could literally go on for pages.
    Last edited by frostloh; 04-23-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Can you please, take a screen shot of this problem and post it here
    Mar.s.IM.Mars
    Ac.Mars.Kaka

Y same prob in You TD and some other maps...

Change name in lan lobby + load code = dc

присоединяйтесь если играете в ТКОК http://vk.com/tkokclub

Yep I am having a problem too. I can't play Afterlife cause every time I load my character it kicks everyone else in the game... Really annoying bug

Sorry for bumping this thread but i must say... i have some experience in map making and i have seen a few save coding systems... most of them use a special connection related to the username, as stated above. Therefore most of them make a link between a code and an username. If the game is played in LAN... the map will try to seek out the LAN username but in the same time it will see the username designated by garena which enters within the game's script. By detecting two usernames the game cannot fire the trigger needed to load and decode a save code, therefore the game usually crashes. In some maps it works by changing the name in LAN because those use a simple level saving code (probably also money or something) but the special systems which save absolutely everything in a map need a lot of memory... and need a solid bond for it. So if the username isn't correctly found... it won't work.

What i am trying to say is that this problem has no solving... the only way to solve this is to make the garena mods and adminstrators understand that they should modify a few of their systems so that it would not interfere with the LAN username. I'm not too good in program making yet so i can't tell where the problem comes from though...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast